1.09.2013

if you really knew me

Lately I read a really sweet get to know me post on one of my favorite daily reads, storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com.  After reading, I was inspired to write a little piece of my own.  Enjoy :)


If you really knew me:


You’d know that I believe in good people. 
Oscar Wilde once quoted ‘Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future’.  Call me naïve, but I feel that deep down, everyone is a good person.  Sometimes the trials and tribulations of life, influences, and circumstances can lead someone with a good heart down the road to being someone that they may not be proud of.  I strongly believe that the bullies, mean girls, adulterers, drug abusers, and vengeful folks of the world have something deeper going on that is causing them to act the way they do.  May it be a void in life, jealousy, heartbreak, a bad childhood, or a traumatic experience, I feel that anyone can change.  Anyone can become a good person, therefore I believe in good people.


You’d know that my son is my world.


You’d know that I hate it when people question what ethnicity I am.
I can understand the curiosity as I have a very exotic look, but yet, I wonder why it actually matters.  The funny thing is, 75% of the normally tactless people who ask this have the audacity to argue that I don’t look my race as if I might be mistaken.  Umm… I’m pretty sure I know who my parents are, thank you very much.  This has always struck me as odd because I see people as people, not races.  I admit to being curious, but a large part of me feels that it’s not exactly polite or respectful to ask a complete stranger these type of questions.


You’d know that I’ve met Kris Jenner (aka: Kim Kardashian’s mom).


You’d know that I refuse to eat cold meat. 
The term picky eater doesn’t even come close to defining my weird view on food.  For some reason, I have endless rules and restrictions when it comes to eating.  For example, I will only eat meat if it’s warmed up to my liking.  I don’t like fruit, but will eat it if it’s blended into a smoothie.  I don’t like honey, pumpkin, bananas, cream cheese, avocado, sour cream, ANY condiments, turkey, eggs, or yogurt.  I’m totally grossed out by milk, but force myself to drink it.  My diet essentially consists of meat, vegetables, soup, and potatoes.


You’d know that I am often mistaken for the nanny. 


You’d know that I have a very thick skin. 
When I was younger, the term ‘sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me’ was an absolute lie.  Call me naïve, but when I was younger I assumed (key word: assumed) everyone would have the same ifyoucan’tsayanythingnicedon’tsayanythingatall mindset as I did.  Little did I know, this wasn’t the case…at all.  I had a very thin skin throughout middle school and high school.  I took things very personally and the simple rude comment from another girl would ruin my week.  Long story short, I was a big baby.  It wasn’t until my early 20’s that I finally realized that not everyone is going to like you, want to be your friend, or be nice to you.  It wasn’t until I got married that I figured this all out.  Marriage did something for me that no other life experience had done before.  Marriage helped me gain the thickest skin I could ever imagine.  I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and perhaps I needed to enter myself into a situation that was once very upsetting to finally see things clearly.  I wasn’t exactly accepted by a couple members of my ex’s family and that lack of acceptance caused some pretty un-fun things to happen.  All things happen for a reason, and I firmly believe that I needed this to help me grow into a more confident, secure woman.


You’d know that I am always 3 or 4 steps behind on what’s popular in music or pop culture.
 I am so far being it’s embarrassing.  I literally just jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon. 


You’d know that I’m obsessed with the author Emily Giffin. 
She’s a genius.


You’d know that I don’t put up with drama.
I have never understood how some people can live in a constant state of drama.  It’s seriously exhausting and a waste of time.  If I have an issue with someone, I will tackle the problem head on and eliminated then and there.  Some people seem to enjoy the he-said/she-said banter and instead of addressing the issue with the individual head on, they talk to anyone and everyone about said issue, thus causing the problem to escalate.  These types of people go on and on about how much they hate drama, but yet they are the ones that are causing most of it.  Long story short: Drama is a waste of energy and time and something I wish to not associate with. 
Choose your battles wisely.


You’d know that I believe modest is the hottest. 
Alright, I’m sure some of you will disagree 100% on this (which is totally fine), but I truly believe modest is the hottest.  The reason being is that I feel men like some things being left to the imagination.  Yes, a low cut top will probably get you a lot of attention, but covering your dirty petals up can do wonders also.  Wearing something that’s figure flattering (no maxi dresses) yet conservative can actually do more for you than having everything on display for everyone to see.  When it comes to dating, I feel men take women who dress conservative a little more seriously.  There are still many guys that love a woman who embraces her sexiness and there isn’t anything wrong with that.  I just feel that by me keeping things…covered up….works for me J.


You’d know that my ‘Love Language’ is pretty much 100% words of affirmation. 
 Positive, loving, and encouraging words are the best thing in the world to me.


You’d know that I am oddly OCD about pens and my handwriting. 
 I will go through 3-4 post it notes if I feel my handwriting doesn’t look good.  Call me crazy, but I feel that certain pens make my handwriting look better. 


You’d know that I don’t understand the appeal of Kim Kardashian. 
I’ve always been baffled why everyone is so obsessed with Kim K.  Don’t get me wrong, she is beautiful...but she's not that beautiful.  I am a big fan of Keeping up with the Kardashians and can sadly say she's the least exciting one of the bunch. 


You’d know that I don’t have a Facebook.
Sorry Mark.

You’d know that I was born with a crooked foot and had to wear a Forest Gump-style brace on my leg when I was 3 years old.


1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Lots of honesty. And ohmygoodness, I do the very same thing with pens and handwriting and post it notes. I will start my grocery list over if the pen is making it sloppy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment love makes my day! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...