12.29.2012

the downside of holiday festivities

The holiday season is filled with numerous opportunities to indulge in the one thing that I have the biggest love/hate relationship with, food. Company parties, ugly sweater parties, white elephant gift exchanges, work potlucks, Christmas brunch and Christmas dinner are normally jam-packed with all the foods I love to hate and hate to love. 



 I tend to have willpower of steel in every area of my life other than food.  I simply can’t pass up the endless trays of cookies, cinnamon rolls, and cakes.  The phrase “a moment on your lips, a lifetime on your hips” just goes through one ear and out the other.  The upside of the indulgence (and gluttony) of this time of year is a blessed thing called the
 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.  




The fashion show is a yearly occurrence than is broadcast during the winter months.  I live for this fashion show and am probably more enthused than most men. Could it be my girl-crush on Miranda Kerr (I’m a little obsessed)? Maybe.  Could it be all the sparkles and swagger? Quite possibly.  Could it be my love (read: obsession) with anything VS? Perhaps. The main reason I adore this show is the inspiration to get fit.  I know some girls that absolutely despise the show, but still spend around $750 annually on Victoria’s Secret goods.  Why would one hate a silly fashion show so much you may ask? 




 The reasoning is simple.  Nothing can make a women feel more unsexy (and a little angry at her gene pool) than this particular fashion show.  I DVR this show every year to watch when I need an extra boost of inspiration to get fit.  



Bottom line: Everyone is beautiful.  It doesn’t matter if your jean size is in the single or double digits, if you have flawless or acne prone skin, what race you are, if you have curly, kinky, or fine hair, if you are walking or in a wheelchair, or if you rock an A-cup or a D-cup, everyone is beautiful.  Sometimes though, us women let ourselves go a little.  We get comfortable.  It happens to everyone, trust me.  I have become a huge offender of leaving the house in yoga pants.  Yoga pants used to only be for yoga or dance, but soon became my weekend look. 






 We all need a little inspiration from time to time to do that extra something (hitting the gym, spending and extra 10 minutes on hair & make-up) to maintain our looks





Some helpful healthy recipes and metabolism boosters can be found  here, here, and here.

Helpful workout tips to shed those holiday pounds can be found here and here.

HAPPY SATURDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment love makes my day! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...